Tarte Tatin

12/1/11

Pumpkin-Ricotta Pie


Another great recipe from Food Network. We always have pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, but I wanted to make it more interesting than the traditional pumpkin pie that I usually make. This recipe intrigued me because it’s half pure pumpkin and half ricotta cheese. It came out moist and delicious. The cream cheese crust is made from scratch—don’t worry, it’s not that complicated to make, as you will see if you try this recipe. 
Ingredients:

1 disk dough for Cream Cheese Crust (see recipe below)
All-purpose flour, for dusting
1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
1 cup ricotta cheese
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Directions:

Roll out the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate; fold the overhang under itself and crimp. Chill 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F.

Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Line with foil, fill with dried beans and bake until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes. Remove the beans and foil and bake 10 more minutes. Cool on a rack.

Whisk the pumpkin, ricotta, sugar, eggs and spices in a bowl; pour into the crust. Bake until the center is just barely set, about 1 hour. (Cover the edges with foil if they brown too quickly). Cool on a rack. Makes one 9-inch pie.

Cream Cheese Crust
(Makes one disk dough)

1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
2 ounces cold cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons ice water

Pulse the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until it resembles very coarse corn meal. Add the cream cheese and pulse until it is the size of small peas. Add the vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the ice water, and pulse a few times until the dough holds together when squeezed between your fingers. Add a bit more of the ice water if necessary until you get the right consistency. Gather the mixture into a ball, put on a sheet of plastic wrap, and pat into a disk. Wrap in the plastic and chill at least 4 hours before using.




13 comments:

  1. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging 2018 automaketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and i am looking forward to reading new articles. currency converter free
    currency converter box here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are very interesting. I really like them. I hope you can upload more and more.The articles bring many tips and lessons which are very useful. It's worth spending time reading them.
    sales pop master
    pop sales online
    koi Nhật

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fancy your posts because they are suitable for me. I can read them easily and I think they are awesome. The articles give me many lessons and tips. Look forward to your next posts.
    https://autoketing.com/
    best app currency converter
    best app currency converter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very interested in the post, it helps me gather a lot of necessary information, I think they will help my life, thanks for posting it, hope that people will visit it often , thank you
    Product discount master, Product discount app, best autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great source of information, I will keep track of your posts and share them with everyone.
    apple shooter interesting games, madalin stunt cars 2 free online juegos, happy wheels good games for kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. The article was great, I accidentally saw it and I was really attracted to it, hoping it would be well known.
    kizi 4 girl games, friv jogos, pbs jocuri online

    ReplyDelete

  8. food games
    basketball free online
    soccer free online
    The article was great, I accidentally saw it and I was really attracted to it, hoping it would be well known.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts are exactly what I am looking for. They are informative and useful. I am able to learn more new things and knowledge. It's good if you upload articles frequently. Thank you for sharing tips and insight. 2player best free online games
    friv Games to play
    io jogos for school

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope I can see more posts.When I have spare time, I often read your posts.I love putting together useful information, this particular publish has got me personally a lot more info
    miniclip unblocked, a10 games 2019, Jogo quente 2019

    ReplyDelete

  11. Elsa and Rapunzel Back To School games
    CHEAP GOLF games online
    The Champions 4 games 2019
    Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.

    ReplyDelete