Tarte Tatin

12/1/11

Chocolate Pecan Pie

I made this easy-to-make but delicious dessert for our Thanksgiving dinner. It's adapted from Emeril Lagasse's recipe, and it's a welcome change from the standard pecan pie, which always tends to be cloyingly sweet. The addition of chocolate tempered the sweetness perfectly. The original recipe called for a caramel sauce for garnish, but I did away with it because it would have made the pie too sweet. Finally, I always try to make my crust from scratch because it's not really that difficult to make, but I have to admit that for this pie I used a pre-made crust, which I found in my daughter's freezer -- it wasn't too bad.
Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups pecans

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch salt

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Spread the pecan pieces and the chocolate chips evenly on the bottom of the pie shell.

In a mixing bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together. Pour the filling over the pecans. Bake until the filling sets, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes before slicing. 

15 comments:

  1. auto maketing
    I liked the way you discussed your thoughts on this article. Always, there are many interesting information her to learn
    This is impressive and important post you have done the best work

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good engine for my new blogs because in this way we can generate good blogs for the community. The people should make good engine to their speedy blogs. on automaketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was brought up here by a mistake but I kept looking on your website and I found it amazing currency converter box by autoketing
    currency converter box free online

    ReplyDelete
  4. currency converter app
    currency converter box by autoketing
    A good engine for my new blogs because in this way we can generate good blogs for the community. The people should make good engine to their speedy blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts are very interesting. I really like them. I hope you can upload more and more.The articles bring many tips and lessons which are very useful. It's worth spending time reading them.
    sales pop master
    pop sales online
    koi Nhật

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are very interesting. I really like them. I hope you can upload more and more.The articles bring many tips and lessons which are very useful. It's worth spending time reading them.
    sales pop master
    pop sales online
    koi Nhật

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post really attracts me from the first minute I know it, share it extensively so that more people know it, I think it is very necessary for all of us, thanks for reading it. this comment of mine.
    email app download for marketing , email marketing free , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't get enough of your posts. They are exactly what I need. I often read them to get the information. I learn some lessons from the articles. If you can write posts frequently, that will be awesome.
    professional email sign offs , email app download for marketing, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post will definitely be appreciated by everyone, hopefully it will be noticed by many, thanks for sharing this.
    abcya club games boys, friv 4 school 2017 free games, friv 2018 for school

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a post that we all should read at least once, it's great, wish you success in the next blog.
    Super World Adventure games to play, Gold Diggers Adventure unblocked, Color Road games for school kids

    ReplyDelete

  12. food games free
    basketball online games
    soccer games 2019
    I admire the person who wrote this post, you are so talented, hope you will promote them and become more successful. I do not feel sorry for taking the time to read this post, it is really nice and useful to me, thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Villain and Celebrity BFFs games
    play Galactic Gravity Golf games
    Diamonds And Dreams Baseball games online
    Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete