Tarte Tatin

8/11/11

Peach Blueberry Crumble

Another steal from Elana Amsterdam's gluten-free cookbook! I made this for dinner tonight -- it tasted great but I thought it had been over-baked a little. I would have preferred the peaches and blueberries to be more firm after the cooking, and not almost mushy like this one turned out. Perhaps I should use peaches that are not nearly as ripe as the ones I used. I will certainly test this recipe again.


Ingredients:

Filling:
4 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced, or 3 cups frozen peach slices, thawed
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed if frozen

Topping:
2 cups blanched almond flour (super-fine ground)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

To make the filling, place the peaches and blueberries in an 8-inch baking dish.

To make the topping, combine the almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until coarsely blended and crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the juices are bubbling. Let the crumble cool for 20 minutes, then serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. jogos io online
    friv play
    a10 for free

    You must be a kind people because you share your knowledge through articles. I like to read them. They are really good for everyone. Can you upload more articles? I believe that many people like me wait for your next posts.

    ReplyDelete