Tarte Tatin

8/28/11

Fruity Green Salad with Chicken & Mustard Vinaigrette


A wholesome, filling side dish that can double as an entree, this salad has fruits, greens and chicken. I like using mango and blueberries when they're in season, and good apples are available anytime of the year, but you can use any fruits of choice. To save time, you can buy one of those spit-roasted chickens available in supermarkets, and just flake the meat--you'll have enough leftovers to make a soup, a nice chicken salad for sandwiches, or just eat the rest of it off the bone. If you want less calories, try using a reduced-fat cheese for the topping. The home-made dressing is a snap to make, so try to avoid the temptation of buying processed dressing because they invariably contain preservatives, among other unhealthy things.
Ingredients:

Bunch of fresh arugula
Bunch of lettuce hearts, torn to large pieces
1 Fiji or Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 ripe yellow mango, sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 cup blueberries (or strawberries or raspberries)
2 cups cooked chicken meat, shredded into bite-sized pieces
Blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese or goat cheese, for garnish

For the vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons good-quality red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

Make the vinaigrette:  put the vinegar in a medium bowl, add the salt and whisk until the salt has dissolved. Add the mustard and whisk until well-combined.

Slowly add the olive oil a bit at a time while continuing to whisk, until the mixture is thick and emulsified. Adjust the salt and pepper seasonings.

Just before serving, assemble the salad greens, apple, mango, and chicken in a salad bowl, sprinkle some of the dressing over it and toss gently until the pieces are coated with the dressing. Add the berries on top and sprinkle with the cheese.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information. I follow your news daily. We would love to hear more from you, just keep posting. Cheers.
    autoketing
    Discount master
    Discount master app

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are the flower of the flock. I often read them to relax and gain information. I'm thankful for your writing and sharing. Keep your work. I want to read more articles from you. They are so great.
    scribble party games
    shell shockers games
    duck life space games

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information. I follow your news daily. We would love to hear more from you, just keep posting. Cheers.
    free brutalmaniaio
    disney bridesmaids hair salon games to play
    goalkeeper champ unblocked games

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information. I follow your news daily. We would love to hear more from you, just keep posting. Cheers.
    rise up up games
    snail bob 7 fantasy story free
    red ball 5 online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the post..I’d choose to make use of some with the content on my blog whether or not you don’t mind.Fantastic.This is one wonderful blog article.Much thanks again.
    free games online
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete

  6. food games online
    basketball free online
    soccer free games
    Thanks for sharing the post..I’d choose to make use of some with the content on my blog whether or not you don’t mind.Fantastic.This is one wonderful blog article.Much thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The article was great, I accidentally saw it and I was really attracted to it, hoping it would be well known. This post is very useful, I admire the author, hope you will succeed in the next post, I will continue to follow your post.
    free kizi Games, pbs Games for boys, jogos friv gratis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
    friv Games
    jogo io
    2player games

    ReplyDelete
  9. miniclip games for girls,
    a10 games online,
    Jogos grátis

    here is such a great amount in this article I would never have considered all alone.I decided to add your blog to my bookmarks so I can return to it at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah,so beautiful and wonderful post!An opportunity to read a fantastic and imaginary blogs.It gives me lots of pleasure and interest.Thanks for sharing. Find the

    online car games at googy
    friv Games to play
    www y8 games

    ReplyDelete